I have been reading through the slush pile of resumes to find job interviewees
Some hints for resumes:
- If the cover letter says you have done RAC or Data Guard or Oracle 10G, your job descriptions better point out the fact
- Don’t put in your resume that you filled in timesheets
- I know what DBAs do – don’t tell me the gritty detail.
- Read your resumes before you send them in. If you read your resume, would you want to meet you?
- Don’t be shy about your accomplishments! We want the best available (at a cheap price!)
- If you only have an OCA, don’t bother sending in your resume. Either do the OCP or don’t start.
At the job interview,
- Don’t b-s me.
- Answer the question
- If you don’t know, say so
- If I keep asking about problems with RAC or Data Guard, assume there are some. Don’t keep telling me that everything worked perfectly.
- If you have accomplishments in your resume, it better be more than that you fluked it
I know there are dirty jobs out there – I’ve done them. Don’t bitch to me about it. Don’t paint it as such on your resume.
I have waded through about thirty (30) resumes so far in the past week. I have interviewed five (5) and hired no one yet. That will give an indication of the odds.
As for certifications, 26 of the resumes had OCP, 2 had OCA, 2 had no certification, and none had OCM. Of those, I interviewed one with no certification, and four with OCP.